1. Neighborhoods are significant units of citizen participation and self-government
2. Neighborhoods have the right to determine their own goals and to initiate and execute their own plans and programs.
3. Neighborhoods have a right to review in advance and influence at ALL
stages of planning and execution actions of
government and private institutions affecting their neighborhood.
4. Neighborhoods have the right to control public and private resources
necessary for the implementation and support of
5. Neighborhoods have the right to define their own governing structures,
operating procedures, and boundaries.